Friday, November 9, 2012

Friday, November 9, 2012 pm

Friday, November 9, 2012 pm. Sunset 4:48 pm. Hunting closes 5:18 pm. Mostly cloudy. Temperature 49 degrees. Wind E-SE. I drove back down from Wisconsin this morning. I had to stop at Romance to drop off the dogs and pick up my gear. I got down to Copper Creek around 1:00 pm. Lon an Sue were working with Jim building some new roads with the bulldozer so I had to use the company car to get me up top. The roads are in pretty good shape with lots of water bars, but I was able to make it up top. I decided to hunt up on the goat prairie, and I could here Jim and Lon working to the south of me. I was all set up by 1:45 pm for the evening sit. At 3:20 pm, after an aggressive rattling and grunting sequence, a nice tall 2 1/2 year old 8 pointer started to work his way uphill from the west of me. He stayed on the lower trail, but just didn't want to come up to the goat prairie He ended up walking to the south and around the base of the hill. He wasn't a shooter buck anyways, but it was nice to see. I did get some quick video of him through the brush. At 4:05 pm, I saw a small buck heading down the hill towards the NW about 100 yards to the SE of me. I just got a quick glimpse of him through my binoculars. That was it. Totals: Bob - 2 deer, 2 bucks. No shooters

No comments: