Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tuesday, September 22, 2009 p.m.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009 p.m., 70 degrees, mostly cloudy, wind N-NE 0-5 mph, sunset 7:09 p.m. (Hunting closes 7:39 p.m). Because of work (computer problem), I was not able to get into the new "point" ladder stand until 5:25 p.m. At 5:45 p.m., I had a group of about 15 hens and their offspring come through about 50 yards to the west of me going from south to north. At 5:55 p.m., I looked over my left shoulder to the SW and there was a small do sneaking to the east. She didn't like it when the turkeys started flying up to their evening roost to the SW of me, so she trotted off to the north about 50 yards to the west of me. At 6:30 p.m., there was a bunch of commotion and I saw 6-7 does and fawns running around and playing in the food plot. A doe and two fawns worked their way up the hill and came through my shooting lanes at 15 yards. I need a big boy to make the same kind of mistake. At 6:45 p.m., two more does (probably the same ones from the creek bottom) came through about 10 yards to the east of me going from north to south. At 6:55 p.m., I saw two small bucks to the NE of me down in the food plot. They were tough to see through all of the leaves. I guess I should have gone to the "stump" instead. It looked like they fed to the north towards the Apple Tree. I sure wish Heidi could have gotten out tonight. She would have for sure seen them, but who know if she would have been able to take the shot. At 7:15 p.m., a doe came running in from the north. She stopped at about 15 yards and turned around and took off back to the north. Weird. It reminded of me of how you might see a doe being chased by a buck during the rut. A little too early for that though. That was it. Totals: 10 deer, 2 bucks (small)

No comments: