Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 pm

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 p.m., 56 degrees, partly cloudy, wind N 5-10 mph, sunset 7:00 p.m. (Hunting closes 7:30 p.m). My meeting finished up the the Twin Cities earlier this afternoon, so I decided to hustle home and get in an evening sit. I was settled in at the point by 5:15 p.m. Unfortunately, I kicked up a couple of deer that were bedded about 50 yards to the south of the point stand just as was about to climb in. At 6:30 p.m., I looked out to the food plot to the NE and there was a doe and fawn eating. At 6:40 p.m., I looked to the east and there were 2 more does in the food plot. At 6:40 p.m., a big doe walked from N to S about 30 yards east of the stump. One of the does that was in the field walked within 5 yards of the stump. At 7:05 p.m., a doe walked up the trail to the north of me about 10 yards away heading west. That was it. Totals: 5 deer, 5 does.

No comments: