Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sunday, September 20, 2009 p.m.

Sunday, September 20, 2009 p.m., 74 degrees, mostly sunny, wind S-SE 10-15 mph, sunset 7:11 p.m. (Hunting closes 7:41 p.m). Tonight Heidi decided to go back to the Apple Tree stand and I went to the new Creek Stand. I turned the stand so it is a bit higher and now faces to the west. Taylor went to Right Field. We were all settled in by 5:30 pm. At 5:40 pm, Heidi spotted 2 does in the food plot. I saw them too. They were about 20 yards to the east of the Stump. At 5:55 p.m., Taylor saw a doe. At 6:15 p.m., Taylor had a doe and fawn walk underneath him. At 6:35 p.m., I had two does and a fawn come from the south and into the food plot between me and the BP stand. One of the does walked right under my stand and the fed off to the NE. It would have been a real easy shot for Heidi. Too bad she wasn't sitting here. Oh well. A long season ahead. At 7:10 p.m., two does and 2 fawns came from the south into the food plot. As I was watching these deer, Heidi took a shot at a doe. She it is a bit high. After she shot, it ran over by me. I was able to get some video. I told her to sit tight. She ended up seeing 5 more does and fawns. At 7:30 p.m. I had 2 more does and two fawns come into the food plot to the south of me. Taylor scared the out of the food plot for me. Taylor had one small 4 pointer to the south east of him at 30 yards. No shot or video. After dark, we took looked at the video of Heidi's doe. She hit it in the neck. We were able to follow blood up the hill to the east, but lost it after 200+ yards. Oh well. Totals; Bob: 17 does and fawns (some repeats I am sure), Heidi: 13 does and fawns, Taylor: 6 does and fawn and 1 buck (4 pointer).

No comments: