Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thursday, September 24, 2009 a.m.












Thursday, September 22, 2009 a.m., 60 degrees, mostly cloudy, wind E 0-5 mph, sunrise 6:49 a.m. (Hunting opens 6:19 a.m). After staying the night at Heidi's, I got up at 4:45 a.m. to drive back to Cannon Falls and hunt. I decided to try my luck in the Apple Tree stand. At 7:20 a.m., I looked out over the east food plot and there were two does feeding out there. They hung around for a few minutes, then walked off to the south past the Boarder Patrol stand. That was it. I got down at 8:30 a.m., and decided to check the cameras. There were a couple of small bucks, but the best news is the doe that Heidi hit is alive!! I got about 25 pictures of her from various angles and she appears to be doing great. (See attached) All of the pictures were taken about 10 yards from where she was shot. Kind of wild. I guess Heidi has one that she has her eye on for later this season. Totals: Bob 2 deer, 2 does.

No comments: