Friday, November 5, 2021

Thursday, November 4, 2021 All Day

Thursday, November 4, 2021 pm Sunrise 7:44 am. Hunting opens at 7:14 am. Sunset 5:51. Hunting closes at 6:21. Temperature 35 degrees. Calm Wind: S-SE 0-2 mph. Let’s Go! Back at it today. Kurt is at Double D and I am at QDM. Plan is to sit the morning and head in around lunch and put up the new Banks 4 Stump blind in Blue Bird field. At 9:30 am, I had a small fork buck come up the hill from the west. He came through and headed up to the north about 30 yards to the west of me. At 10:05 am, I looked to the NE and caught a glimpse of a nice mature buck working a honey suckle about 69 yards away. I grunted and bleated to him, but he walked off to the north. At 10:50 am, I looked to the south and there was a nice 2 1/2 year old 8 pointer walking across the hillside 100 yards away going from west to east. At 11:20 am, I looked over to the SW and there was a beautiful mature 3 1/2 year old 10 pointer walking down the logging road to the NW 125 yards away. I grunted and bleated to him but he kept on going. At 11:40 am, I had a nice 8 pointer come up the hill from the west. He came through at 10 yards. I got some video with my phone. At 12:30 pm, I saw 2 tails 100 yards down the hill to the NW, then I saw another big buck chasing after them. At 1:00 pm, I saw another doe being chased by a buck. I think it was the 10 that i passed on yesterday. At 1:05 pm, I saw a doe going from north to south 80 yards down the hill from me. At 1:55 pm, I had another nice 9 pointer with a broken off G2 on his left came in from the NE. Closest he got was 40 yards. He headed across the hill to the SW. At 2:15 pm, I looked over my shoulder to the left and east and there was a spike on the road. He came down and cut across the hill to the SW. at 4:45 pm, I heard something behind me. It was a doe. I turned back to my left and there was a nice 2 1/2 year old 8 pointer. He walked through 40 yards to the south of me and headed up to the west. I looked to the west and saw 2 does 75 yards to the west of me. At 5:15 pm, I heard a grunt to the west of me. At 5:30 pm, I had a nice 2 1/2 year old 8 pointer come down from the NE going SW. He was locked onto the does out in front of me and walked by at 12 yards. At 5:55 pm, I heard some more grunting and a nice 10 pointer came through going from south to north about 80 yards down the hill from me chasing a doe. Totals: Bob- 17 deer. 12 bucks and 5 does.

No comments: