Sunday, November 7, 2021

Saturday, November 6, 2021 pm

Saturday, November 6, 2021 pm Sunset 5:49 pm Hunting closes at 6:19 pm Temperature 59 degrees. Wind: S-SE 10-15 mph. Kurt had some good action last night, so I decided to head to Twin Towers. I was ready to go by 2:40 pm. Nothing happened all night until right before closing. I heard something coming from the creek bottom to the SW of me. A really nice shooter buck stepped out into the shooting lane to the west of me at 20 yards. I had my binoculars up, but it was tough to tell how big he was in the shooting lane in the woods. Finally he stepped out into the field and I could tell he was a nice tall and wide 10+ pointer. I decided I was going to take the shot. He was out in the edge of the field at 30 yards and stopped. I settled my 30 yard pin on his chest and shot. Unfortunately, I clipped a branch at the edge of the field and my arrow ended up going right under his chest. Ugh. I was so disappointed. He wasn’t sure what happened, but he trotted out of range to the east. I got down after dark and confirmed what I already knew that I had missed. Bummer. Totals: Bob - 1 deer, 1 buck.

No comments: