Saturday, November 6, 2021

Saturday, November 6, 2021 am

Saturday, November 6, 2021 am Sunrise 7:44 am. Hunting opens at 7:14 am. Temperature 42 degrees. Wind: S-SE 10-15 mph. Back at QDM this morning. Planing on sitting all day if the bucks r cooperative. I pray that the wind is less then yesterday. We will have to wait and see. At 7:25 am, I had a small doe come across the hill going from north to south about 30 yards to the west of me. At 7:35 am, I looked over to the SE and there was another doe on the hillside about 40 yards away. The first doe, ended up coming up the hill and walked by me at 20 yards heading to the east. The 2nd doe, ended up heading off to the off to the north about 40 to the east of me. At 12:05 pm, nothing had been happening since this morning, so I tried to do some rattling. I hit the horns and a nice mature 2 1/2 year old 8 pointer was behind me. He kind of spooked and trotted down the hill to the north of me about 60 yards away. He continued down the ridge going SW and he then turned and went up the hill to the west. He was not a shooter, but fun to see. The neighbor to the east was driving his ATV around and it has been fairly slow, so at 1:30 pm I decided to get down and change locations. Totals: Bob - 3 deer. 2 does and 1 buck.

No comments: