Thursday, November 5, 2020

Wednesday, November 4, 2020 all day

Wednesday, November 4, 2020 am. Sunrise: 6:41 am. Hunting opens: 6:11 am. Sunset: 4:50 pm. Hunting closes at 5:20 pm. Temperature 45 degrees. Mostly sunny. Wind: S 10-15 mph. It is supposed to get up to a high of 71 degrees today, so it is going to be a pretty warm afternoon. I decided to take Fuzzy the 3D decoy to Bluebird Field. Kyle went out to 2nd point stand. At first light, I heard chasing on the hillside to the SE. At 7:30 am, I had a big shooter come across the base of the hill going from west to east. I grunted and rattled and he just kept going. At 8:50 am, I had a huge 10 pointer walk down the far road heading east to west and then up the main road. I grunted to him and he saw the decoy, but just kept walking. When he got to the south edge of the field I rattled but he just kept going. Ugh. At 4:30 pm, I saw a doe and a small buck in the valley to the south feeding. They had come down from up by the new Rock Out ladder stand. At 4:45 pm there was a doe on the hillside to the SE. at 4:50 pm, a nice 2 1/2-3 1/2 year old 8 pointer came in from the north. He saw the decoy and I grunted to him, but he took off to the SE. At 4:55 pm, another 2 1/2-3 12 year old 9 pointer came from the north. He had a real write rack. He went up the hill to the SE too. Both were to the east of me. About 60 yards away. He ended up coming back down and then walked off down the trail to the east. At 5:00 pm, I looked and there were 2-3 more deer down in the valley to the south. I couldn’t tell what they were through the brush. At 5:25 pm, after shooting light, as I was waiting for Kyle to pick me up, a doe came into the field from the south. She fed through and to the NE. That was it. Totals: Bob- 11 deer, 5 bucks. 2 shooters and 6 does.

No comments: