Tuesday, November 3, 2020

November 1, 2020 am

Sunday, November 1, 2020 am. Sunrise: 6:48 am. Hunting opens: 6:18 am. Temperature 27 degrees. Mostly sunny. Wind: N- NW 15-20 mph. Back at it. Daylight savings happened last night and it was a full moon. It should be good. I killed my buck with the classic “7 minute hunt” at Copper this same day last year. I decided to head back to the VAT ladder. This morning I laid a scent trail and set up my buck and doe decoy up and sprayed a buck bomb too. At 8:15 am, Kyle texted me from Arlie’s food plot ladder stand saying that he had shot the broken off G2 10 pointer. It was a 37 yard shot and he said he felt really good about the shot. We waited until 8:45 am and we got down and headed to the house to check the video footage. It looked great, but we decided to wait until 10:30 am. Kyle, Kasson, me and Charley headed out for the recovery. It didn’t take long. The ground looked like a crime scene. After a short 75 yard trek to the north we found Kyle’s buck. It is his first buck with a bow. Needless to say, we were all pretty jacked up. We got some pictures and then we cleaned him up and dragged him back to the food plot and loaded him up in the ATV. Guys were over so we were able to get him cleaned up pretty quickly. Totals: Bob - 0 deer. Kyle - too many to count and one 10 pointer on the ground.

No comments: