Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Tuesday, November 3, 2020 all day

Tuesday, November 3, 2020 am. Sunrise: 6:42 am. Hunting opens: 6:12 am. Sunset: 4:52 pm. Hunting closes at 5:22 pm. Temperature 33 degrees. Mostly sunny. Wind: S 3-5 mph. It is supposed to get up to a high of 68 degrees today, so it is going to be a pretty warm afternoon. Election Day. I voted by mail a couple of weeks ago knowing that I would be out hunting. I drove down to Copper last night. The start of some marathon hunting. Kyle has pulled some of the chips and there was some solid activity by fort field, so I decided to go to DD. Kyle went across the street to Kurt’s stand. I brought the 2 decoys and set them up to the NE of me. I was ready to go by 6:00 am. At first light, I heard some chasing to the NE of me across the valley. At 6:50 am, I heard something to the north of me. It was a medium sized doe about 45 yards away. She saw the decoys and blew, but hung around for about 10 minutes before heading off back to the north. At 8:25 am, I had a doe come in from the east. She got to within 20 yards and she spotted the decoys. She circled them to the north of me and got to within 15 yards of me and about 6 yards from the decoys. She ended up walking off to the north after about 15 minutes. It was fun to see. If it wasn’t going to be so warm today, I would have probably shot her. At 9:30 am, I looked back to the east and there was a doe about 75 yards down the hill from me. It could be the same doe I saw earlier. At 9:45, I had a doe and fawn come through from the east about 30 yards to the north of me. They ended up heading off to the west. At 12:25 pm, I had a super wide and tall 8 pointer come through. He was 45 yards away in the brush. I think he saw my decoy. He was to the NE of me. I grunted to him but he kept heading downhill to the SE. The wind shifted this afternoon, it is now coming from the east. I decided to get down and move the decoys to the south of me hoping I can draw a buck up to me. At 3:20 pm, I looked behind me to the SW and there was a doe and fawn about 80 yards away down in the far draw. They fed up towards the south. Unfortunately there was nothing following them. At 3:45 pm, there was a doe on the road 75 yards to the SW of me. She turned and headed back up to the west. Totals: Bob - 8 deer, 1 shooter buck.

No comments: