Thursday, November 12, 2020

Thursday, November 12, 2020 pm

Thursday, November 12, 2020 am. Sunset: 4:46 pm. Hunting closes at 5:16 pm. Temperature 30 degrees. Mostly cloudY. Light snow with about 2” on the ground. Wind: N NW 3-5 mph. I am back in Minnesota. I got home Friday afternoon. I have not been able to get out since. Finally, I was able to sneak out around 3:00. I was at Arlie’s food plot ladder and before I even climbed up I spotted a buck 100 yards to the north of me I was able to climb in and even pull my bow up without him seeing me. I grunted to him but he headed off to the west. Five minutes later another nice buck came out 125 arms away going from west to east. I grunted but he just rot going. Five minutes after that at 3:25, I saw a buck medium 8 pointer 60 yards to the east of me. He ended up heading back to the east. At 3:55 pm, I looked to the north and a small doe had walked into Arlie’s field from the west about 80 yards away. She ended up circling back to the NW. At 4:00 pm, a medium size 8 pointer step out 80 yards to the north of me. He circled around and followed the doe. At 4:35 pm, I saw 3 deer running to the east about 175 yards to the NE of me. There was a buck chasing up there. At 4:55 pm, the biggest buck I have on camera started walking in from the NE. He is a 10 pointer about 130-140”. He stopped about 70 yards away as there was a doe that had walked out from the west. She fed my way and ended up in the far side of the food plot. After a few minutes, he started to follow her. Game on! He crossed the fence and then he looked in my direction. I am not sure if he smelled me or just didn’t like the situation, but he turned and headed back to the north. She was about 45 yards away, he got to about 60. Totals: Bob 10 deer, 6 bucks for sure, 4 different.

No comments: