Saturday, November 2, 2019

Thursday, October 24, 2019 pm

Thursday, October 24, 2019 pm Sunset 6:14 pm Hunting closes 6:44 pm. Temperature 40 degrees. Mostly sunny Wind: W-NW 5-10 mph. I could not take it anymore. It has been 11 days since I last got out to hunt. Heidi is finally done with her MBA and then she has to go to a week long meeting in Dallas. I asked Jan our day care provider if she would keep Charley for a few extra hours so I could get out and hunt. I decided it was time to give Spaghetti Junction a shot. I was in the stand by 2:40, so I had a solid 4 hours to hunt. I don’t think I bumped anything on my way in thankfully. At 5:00 pm, I looked over to the NW and there was a small 6 pointer over in Arlie’s foot plot. At 6:00 pm, I looked to the south and there was a big doe 60 yards to the south of me. She was locked in on the doe silhouette decoy. At 6:05 pm, there was a small 4-6 pointer back in Arlie’s food plot. It may have been the same buck as before. He ended up heading up the trail towards the Apple Tree stand.  At 6:10 pm, a doe and fawn to the north of me spooked. They must have not liked the decoy. The stayed 50 yards north of me an ran over to Arlie’s food plot and headed off to the west. That was it. Totals: Bob 5 deer. 2 bucks and 3 does. 

No comments: