Monday, October 14, 2019

Sunday, October 13, 2019 pm

Sunday, October 13, 2019 pm Sunset 6:31 pm Hunting closes 7:01 pm. Temperature 39 degrees. Mostly cloudy. Wind: W-NW 10-15 mph. We drove from Copper this morning to Mankato to celebrate Heidi’s grandmother and great aunts birth day. We got back much later than I had hoped. I decided to give Arlie’s food plot ladder stand a try. On my way in I kicked
Up a doe and fawn that were by the Apple tree, a small buck in the creek bottom and then 4 more tails took off to the east. Ugh. I was settled a ready to go by 5:00 pm. Of course, I didn’t see anything while I was in the stand. I did kick up a big deer that was right near the Apple Tree when I was on my way in. I pulled the SD card and a nice 2 1/2 year old 8 pointer was on the camera and had walked right by the AT stand while I was at Arlie’s. It was not a buck I would have shot, but it still would have been nice to see and have some action. Totals: 0 deer. 

No comments: