Friday, September 26, 2008

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 p.m.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 p.m., 78 degrees, mostly sunny, Wind S-SW 2-5 mph, sunset 7:00 p.m. (Hunting close 7:30 p.m.) Eric just drove in from Madison after a great afternoon of fly fishing with grass hoppers at Copper Creek. He caught 6 browns, all over 13" with 2 being over 16." Before I even left the house Eric and I saw a doe and fawn about 25 yards north of the house near the upper food plot. I decided to send him to the ladder stand and I went to the apple tree stand. I was settled in by 5:25 and Eric was set up by 5:40. Taylor came a little later and settled into the food plot stand by 5:45. At 7:00, I heard what sounded like two bucks fighting 100 yards to the east of me. Sure enough at 7:15 the two bucks (both shooters) appeared in the creek bottom. They were not fighting too hard, but they sure were doing a lot of pushing and shoving. One was the big 11 and the other one was a nice 8 pointer. They messed around in the creek bottom and even splashed around in the creek until after shooting light. At 7:20, a doe and two fawns came down to the apple tree to the south and didn't leave until I got down at the end of the night. At 6:45, Taylor saw two does come from the SE into the food plot. At 6:15, Eric saw 3 does to the east of him. At 6:45, He saw two more does walking 50 yards east of him. That was it. Overall a good night. Totals: Bob - 5 deer, 2 bucks and 3 does, Eric - 5 does, Taylor - 2 does.

No comments: