Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday, September 15, 2008 pm

Monday, September 15, 2008, Temp 65 degrees, Wind S/SE 5-10 mph, partly cloudy, Sunset: 7:25 pm (hunting close 7:55 pm)
I got home from work today right at 5 pm. The weather has been pretty lousy the past two days. In fact, we got rained out last night. Finally the skies have cleared and it was a beautiful night. I got into the ladder stand about 5:15. At 5:35 a doe and a fawn came through to the south of me about 50 yards away. They the worked back to the east. After about 25 minutes, the same doe with 2 fawns (1 nubbin) came through right under my stand. At 6:15 8 more does and fawns came from the north and passed on the trail about 10 yards away. One actually stayed for about 5 minutes and licked up the "Come Here Deer" that I had poured on a old stump. Pretty cool. Taylor went to right field and kicked up 5 does on the way in. Four of them were on the bridge. Nothing after that except coons. I did see 3 more does that came from behind me, probably the same ones as earlier. Totals for tonight: Bob 12 Does and Fawns, Taylor 0

No comments: