Saturday, September 13, 2008

9-13-08 Bowhunting Opener




September 13, 2007, Temp 55 degrees, Wind E 0-5 mph, overcast and misty, Sunrise 6:49 am (hunting opener 6:19 am) Bob went to the ladder stand. At about 6:55 I had one deer go through to the south of me about 70 yards away. Shortly thereafter, I had 3 deer behind me, but they never came through. Bubba was at the apple tree stand and saw 4 does and 2 fawns. Taylor was in Right field and didn't see anything but had a dog that was nearby that would not stop barking, so he moved down to the food plot. No luck there either.

Attached as some photos from the feeder. The big 11 and the tall 6 pointer have both harden up. There is a small 5-6 pointer that is still in Velvet. I guess my dream of shooting a big one still in Velvet is going to have to wait until next year. Keep you posted. Buckslayer out.

No comments: