Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday, September, 19, 2008 p.m.



September 19, 2008 p.m., 82 degrees, Wind S-SE 22 mph, Sunset 7:19 p.m. (hunting closes 7:49 p.m.). Well, the 009 guys have not had the best of luck thus far, so we decided to change things up a bit. Bob went to the apple tree (1st visit this season for me) and Nate decided to try his luck on the edge of Arlie's and my field. Nate thought he might be able to catch on out in the field right at dark. I got to the apple tree stand about 5:10 p.m. Nothing until dark for me. At about 7:30, there was a deer about 10 years behind me eating nuts. He never came out into the open, but I think it was a doe. Right at the end of shooting light a decent 120" 8 pointer came from the SE (creek bottom) and came up the hill towards me. He stopped and ate apples, we did get a picture as he walked by the camera. (see attached) He then walked over to my tree and proceeded to eat walnuts about 8 yards away. I actually had picked up some walnuts (on my way to the stand) and began throwing them at him and he just stood there and kept eating them. I texted Nate and asked him to come down and scare him off, so that he would not know that I was there. Nate was able to walk to withing about 20 yards of him, before he trotted off. Really cool.

For Nate, at 7:00 3 does came out of the SW corner of my woods and fed into Arlie's alfalfa field. Five minutes later, 2 more doe came out and fed. At 7:15, two more does fed out into the field. That was it for him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you have a very nice blog.
Tell me what you think about mine.