Monday, October 9, 2017

Sunday, October 8, 2017 pm

Sunday, October 8, 2017. Sunset: 6:39 pm. Hunting Closes: 7:09 pm. Temperature 71 degrees. Mostly sunny.  Wind: S-SE 3-5 mph. We got back from a road trip to Lincoln, NE for the Badger football game.  Heidi was kind of spent so she let me hunt tonight.  It was great to get out in the woods.  I decided to give the Apple Tree a try.  I was all set up by 4:45 pm.  At 5:30 pm, there was a couple of does over in the Boarder Patrol Food plot.  They took off to the North.  At 5:45. pm, I had a small 5 pointer come in from over by the BP.  He walked though and hung out about 30 yards from the Stump Blind.  He eventually worked his way to the AT at the bottom of the hill and then came up the hill towards me.  He ate a few apples and then cam under the walnut tree and ate for 20 minutes.  I could have jumped on his back several times.  He ended up walking up the trail to the west.  At 6:00, I saw three does about 100 yards to the SE of me along the edge of the corn and bean field.  They fed to the north, but never got closer then 70 yards.  At 6:30 pm, I saw a coyote come in from the east, but he never got closer then 60 yards.  There eyesight is incredible.  At 6:45 pm, there was a small 8 pointer and a doe in the BP food plot.  They hung out there until dark and walked off to the south.  Totals: 8 deer, 6 does and 2 small bucks.  

No comments: