Monday, October 9, 2017

Saturday, September 30, 2017 am

Saturday, September 30, 2017. Sunrise: 6:59 am. Hunting opens: 6:29 am. Temperature 59 degrees. Mostly sunny.  Wind: W-NW 2-3 mph. I made it down to Copper Creek last night. Mick and Steve came down as well. I tried to convince Steve to go out this morning, but he decided to sleep in. I went to double D up the valley to the south and then up yo the west. I bumped a bunch of deer on my way into the stand, but was all set up by 6:15 amAt 7:50 am, I heard something to the NE of me. I looked over and saw 3 does come over the ridge. They sensed something was not right and they ended up blowing a warning call and walked off to the west up the hill. They never got closer then 35 yards away. One was a huge doe but she never came close enough. At 8:00 am, I had a 2 does come from the south west behind me about 25 yards away. They stayed below me for about 15 minutes. They sensed something was not right and never offered me a shot. They ended up walking off towards the east. I ended up sitting until 8:45 am. That was it. Totals: 5 deer. 5 does. 

No comments: