Friday, October 27, 2017

Sunday, October 22, 2017 pm

Sunday, October 22, 2017. Sunset: 6:15 pm. Hunting closes 6:45 pm.  Temperature 72 degrees. Mostly sunny . Wind: W SW 10-15 mph.  We drove back from Wisconsin this morning. It is a little warm, but I just had to get out and hunt. I went to the Sugar Shack food plot. I decided to try “Stumpy” my one antlered decoy. I put him about 15 yards to the west of me. I was all ready by 4:00 pm. At 4:55 pm, I looked over towards the SE and I saw a beautiful mature 3 1/2 year old 8 pointer walking on the trail going from east to west. He slowly worked his way down the trail to the west. I grunted and bleated several times. I am fairly certain he saw the decoy, but he did not come over my way. After about 10 minutes, I lost him over by the VAT. At 6:30 pm, I looked over towards the west and there was a smaller buck in the VAT food plot. It was pretty dark and tough to tell how big he was. Totals: 2 deer. 2 bucks. 

No comments: