Tuesday, October 31, 2017

8 pointer

as my friend Bob would say, Whacko! Smoked a small 8 point this evening in Oklahoma sitting behind my house. Wind was perfect from the SE and at 6:15 had two does and two fawns come out to the corn pile. It’s legal to feed deer in Oklahoma. Not 5 minutes later they started looking back north and I heard a faint grunt. Then it became a little louder, here he comes looking for a girlfriend, or two. I didn’t have but a split second to decide whether or not to draw back or not. I haven’t shot a deer in a long time so I drew back and let the Mathews loose. 15 yards and double lunges. Done-so!

Goodluck in the woods and I have another buck tag in my pocket and there is a big boy lurking back there too. Drought is over!




1 comment:

ruedisili said...

Way to go Nate. The drought is over. Finally. Congrats