Friday, September 30, 2011

Thursday September 29, 2011 pm

Thursday, September 29, 2011, Temp 58 degrees, Wind N-NW 20-25 mph, mostly cloudy. Light drizzle. Sunset 6:50 pm, Hunting closes 7:20 pm. I just arrive to Romance Farm, WI this afternoon. I had a series of conference calls that lasted until 5:20 pm. I was already packed an dressed and as soon as the calls were over, I was out the door. On my way in, I kicked up 2 does and 4 fawns on the edge of the main corn field. On my way up to Everest, I kicked up 2 more does as I went up the hill to the north of Octopussy. I was all settled in by 5:45 pm. It is going to be kind of a short sit, but based on what I saw on the way in the deer appeared to be up on their feet and moving. Well, the hunt got cut short due to the weather. The weatherman said that it was going to stop raining at 5:30 pm. He was wrong. At 6:30 pm, it absolutely started pouring rain. I decided to cut the sit short, and head out. I stopped by one of the new stand, put in steps, a permanent seat, and a safety rope and called it a night. I finished up after dark. I still need to finish up the same things on a few other stands tomorrow. Totals: Bob - 0 deer.

No comments: