Monday, September 26, 2011

Friday, September 23, 2011 pm

Friday, September 23, 2011, Temp 45-56 degrees, Wind W, Sunset 6:55 pm, Hunting closes 7:25 pm. It has been an exciting week. After skinning and capping my buck on Tuesday morning, I took it up the taxidermist in Lakeville. Then I was off to the airport for a week long meeting in Chicago. The boys were kind enough to cut it up, grind it, vacuum seal at put it in the freezer. I got back from Chicago on Friday morning and I left straight from the airport for bear hunting in Wisconsin. I arrived at Dick's place around 2:30 pm. After a quick shower, I was off to a new stand. This was the original stand that I shot my first bear with a bow back in 1999. I was all settled in by 3:10 pm. At 6:15 pm, I heard something sneaking around behind me. I looked over my left shoulder in anticipation, and it was two does about 25 yards away. Totals: 0 Bear.

No comments: