Sunday, September 18, 2011

Saturday, September 17, 2011 Bear Hunt - WI

Saturday, September 16, 2011, Temp 32-55 degrees, Wind S-SW, Sunset 7:02 pm, Hunting closes 7:32 pm. I am leaving to head back home tonight. There was no sense lounging around the cabin so I headed out. I walked out and was in position by 7:45 am. I sat until 11:45, and came in for lunch and to pack my stuff and I was back in by 1:10. Dick was kind enough to drop me off and her re freshened the bait. Fortunately the bait had not been hit when I was in for lunch. Of note, I heard from Heidi this morning at 7:50, she had a nice big buck under the apple tree stand this morning. She had fallen asleep (long week of work at her national meeting) and heard it eating walnuts under the tree. By the time she woke up and realized what was going on it was too late. Too bad for her. Still exciting. I can't wait to see the trail camera photos. At 2:30 pm, I had a big doe sneak in behind me. She was in the brush about 15 yards to the N. I hope tomorrow I will see some deer tomorrow. Nothing the rest of the night. Totals: 0 Bear.

No comments: