Monday, September 26, 2011

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Saturday, September 24, 2011, Temp 45-56 degrees, Wind W, Sunset 6:54 pm, Hunting closes 7:24 pm. After a short nights rest, I was up before my alarm was set to go off at 5:45 am. After a light breakfast, I was out the door by 6:15 am. this morning I was back at the river stand. I was able to sneak in at get situated by 6:35 am. When I got there at first light, I was pleased to see that the bait had been hit overnight. The plan was to sit until 11:00 am, head in for a few hours then head back out around 1:00 pm for the afternoon sit. Today had to be the day, as I planned on driving back to Cannon Falls after the evening hunt. At about 10:30 am, I heard something coming from the west. I then saw a porcupine come through. This was the first one I have seen in the wild. Pretty cool. I sat until 11:10 am, then got down and walked back to the cabin. I kicked up 2 grouse on the way back in. After eating lunch and taking a 25 minute nap, Dick took me back to the stand, re-baited, and checked the camera. I was back in position by 1:30 pm. Nothing. Totals: 0 Bear.

No comments: