Thursday, October 25, 2018

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 pm

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 pm Sunset 6:14 pm. Hunting closes 6:44 pm. Temperature 49 degrees. Mostly sunny. Wind: N - NW 5 mph. I was able to catch an earlier flight back from Fargo and Heidi said it was ok for me to go hunting. I decided to give Spaghetti Junction a try. I was down to the stand by 3:45 pm, but I needed to take a few branches down in order to open up the shooting lane to the east.  I was all ready to go by 4:00 pm. At 4:25 pm, I looked over to the NW and there was a doe and a fawn feeding in Arlie’s food plot. It was tough to see them, but they never came over my direction. They were right in front of the camera and would have been an easy shot from that stand. They slowly fed up towards the AT stand on the road. At 5:25 pm, I had a beautiful 3 1/2 year old 7 pointer come in from the north of me. He made a scrape about 20 yards to the north of me. He walked right down the trail heading south about 12 yards to the west of me. I might be regretting not taking him. He came around to the south of me and headed back ip towards the SE. At 5:45 pm, I looked to the NW and there was a doe feeding in Arlie’s food plot. At 5:50 pm, chaos broke out from all directions. I had at least 4 different 2 1/2 year old bucks chasing at least 2 and as many as 4 does. The chasing of these does all around my stand lasted for about 15 minutes. It was tough to keep track of which was a potential target. None of them would slow down enough to shoot anyways. Fun night. Totals: 9 deer. 5 bucks. 

No comments: