Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 am. Sunrise: 6:52 am. Hunting opens: 6:22 am. Temperature: 54 degrees. Wind: S-SW 5-10 mph. Mostly sunny. This morning I decided to head down to the Sugar Shack food plot. I was in by 6:10 am. It didn't take long to have some action. At 6:30 am, a small 5 point buck (he looked like a fallow deer) came down the new road to the north of me. He walked over and worked a scrape between the SS food plot and the VAT. After a few doe bleats, he walked down the trail, fed some in the food plot and walked down the mowed path at 10 yards. He then ended up walking off to the east. At about 6:45, I had a group of about 30 turkeys come through 85 yards to the south of me.  I sat until 9:20 am, because I wanted to get down.  I am going to Wisconsin for the pm hunt.  When I got to the bottom of the ladder, I heard something to the south of me.  It was a nice shooter buck (at least a 10 pointer) took off up the hill to the field edge and he ran to the east,  Damn.  Too bad.  Totals: Bob - 1 deer, 1 buck.



No comments: