Saturday, November 7, 2015

Friday, November 6, 2015 pm

Friday, November 6, 2015 pm.  Sunset: 4:49 pm. Hunting closes: 5:19 pm. Temperature: 46 degrees. Mostly sunny. Winds: N-NW 5-10 mph. Taylor and I decided to head up to Romance and give Copper Creek a rest. We were up there by 2:15 pm and in the stands by 2:35 pm. I went up to Sherpa and Taylor went to Everest. He originally was planning on going to Octopussy, but decided to change his mind at the last minute. Sherpa's seat had been eaten up by mice, so I tried to rig up a seat with my bag. While I was do that, a small mutant spike had walked down the hill from the NW of me. He saw the decoys, but als saw me moving. He ended up trotting off to the west. Just as that happened, I saw a tail take off down the hill to the SW. Taylor had good action seeing a small spike that came in from the NE and a big shooter buck that came up the hill from Octopussy. I guess he should have gone there. He ended up walking up the hill about 75 yards to the west of him. He lost sight of him over the top of the hill. Totals: Bob - 2 deer, 1 small buck and 1 ?  Taylor: 2 deer, 2 bucks. 1 shooter.

No comments: