Thursday, November 14, 2013

Oklahoma Thursday, November 14th

Well I know Bob was in Wisconsin having some success so I have it a go this afternoon. I had to hustle to get to the stand but was in and set up by 4:00. It was 50 degrees and the south wind was blowing pretty solid at 20 mph. I was adjust my seat when I saw something move to the north of me. I had hung a scent wick with the rut started I figured why not?! So I had done some grunting like a buck tending a doe. It may have been the trigger that sent the buck my direction. So, needless to say the movement I saw was a nice 8 pointer. He was straight downwind of me and was still closing the distance. He sensed something wasn't quite right though. He was at 30 yards but I didn't have a shot at him. He never blew and took off, just turned and headed back north.
Nate 1 deer, 1 shooter buck.

No comments: