Friday, November 8, 2013

Friday, November 8, 2013 am

Friday, November 8, 2013 am. Sunrise: 6:58 am. Hunting opens: 6:28 am. Temperature: 27 degrees. Mostly cloudy. Wind: S-SE 15-20. After a week off because of training in Chicago, I was finally able to get back at it. I decided to head to Right Field this morning.  I was ready to go by 6:10 am. At 6:55 am, I had a nice sized doe come in from the SW. She walked through and crossed the fence at 10 yards. She must have winded, me as she circled me to the north and ended up heading down the hill towards border patrol. She never spooked, but was nervous. At 7:25 am, I heard something to the SE of me bit was a nice 2 1/2 year old 8 pointer. Good mass, tall, but not real wide. Not a shooter. He stayed in the corner about 40 yards away from me. I grunted a few times, but he ended up walking off to the SE. At 7:30 am, I had a nice big doe cross from east going west about 50 yards to the north of me. She never spooked and just kept heading to the west. I was doing a fair amount of grunting a bleating all morning. At 8:25 am, I had a small 5 point 1 1/2 year old come up from the west on the main trail bye walked in to 10 yards. I did get done video of him. When he got downside of me, he got nervous and headed back down to the NW. That was it. I sat until 9:40 am and got down. Totals: Bob 4 deer, 2 bucks and two does. 

No comments: