Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thursday, September 19, 2013 pm

Thursday, September 19, 2013 pm. Sunset 7:14 pm. Hunting Closes: 7:44 pm. Temperature: 68 degrees. Partly cloudy. Wind: N-NW 5-10 mph. Heidi volunteered to take Charley, so I got the "green light" to hunt. I haven't had a chance to get out much this week with baby duty and the wet weather. I decided to give the point stand a shot. I was in at 5:00 pm. This is the 2 year anniversary of me shooting "triple brow" from the apple tree stand. I wanted to go there, but I am saving it for Heidi. At 6:50 pm, I had a nice 8 come down the trail from south to north about 10 yards away. I decided to pass. I did get some video, but I forgot to hit the damn record button. I did get some video, but it was a long ways away and not very good. I think it was "High Beams." He is the buck that I have picture from August 16, 2013.  At 7:15 pm, I had a big doe with two fawns start to come up the hill from the NE of me. She was upwind, but she picked me off. She tried circling me. I had a 18 yard shot, but there was no way I could draw. She ended up blowing and heading across the food plot to the SE. The fawns followed her. Damn. Totals: Bob- 4 deer, 1 buck, 3 does and fawns.

No comments: