Saturday, September 14, 2013

Opening morning. September 14, 2013 am

September 14, 2013 am. Sunrise 6:46. Hunting opens 6:16 am. Temperature 46 degrees. Wind: S 12-15 mph. We had a great night at the Shack. My in laws were kind enough to come over for the weekend to watch Charley so Heidi and I could both hunt. Thanks. Heidi went to the Apple Tree. I went to Right field. Dwayne went yo the Ladder and Adam is at the NWT. At 7:00 am, Heidi texted that she had two does on the trail to the south of her. Too far away to shoot. At 7:30 am, Heidi had two small fawns come down the trail from west to east. It was an easy shot, but they were too small. At 8:00 am, Dwayne texted and said that he saw a big body deer moving from west to east to the north of him. Too far to tell what it was. It probably winded him. At 8:25 am, I had 2 does with 2 fawns run by me. They came from the NW. 10 yards away. They came through so fast that I didn't have time to get ready for a shot. I decided to get down at 8:45 am and trim a few branches in some shooting lanes. That was it. Totals:  Bob - 4 deer. 2 does and 2 fawns. Heidi 2 deer both does. Dwayne -1 deer. Adam - 0 deer. 

No comments: