Tuesday, September 10, 2013

1/2 Acre food plot

This spring the area to the NE of the Stump blind was too wet to plant.  As the summer passed, and things heated up, it finally dried up.  A couple of weeks back, I cut the area and sprayed it with round up.  Today, I was finally able to use the digger and tiller to turn over the soil.  I planted about 1/2 acre of Pennington's Trophy Radish's. We are expecting some rain today (we have basically not had any rain for 2 weeks), so it should take.  I would have liked to have gotten this in earlier, but better late than never.  It says that it can be planted from August 15-September 15, so I was able to make that window.  We will just have to wait and see how it does.  I will try and post a few pictures in the next day or so.  4 days till opener! Buckslayer OUT!

No comments: