Friday, November 10, 2023

Thursday, November 9, 2023. All Day

Thursday, November 9, 2023 am Sunrise 6:49am Hunting opens at 6:19 am Temperature 34 degrees. Wind: W-NW 10-15 mph. Mostly sunny. I got back to Copper Creek on Wednesday afternoon. I borrowed Luke’s tree saddle and set it up last night on the first point water hole. I didn’t get set up until almost 4:00 pm and I didn’t see anything. Steve got down late last night and decided to take Harry up to Dan’s new stand in grouse hollow. I went up to the north Platform Stand. At 7:10 am, I heard a grunt to the south of me. I saw a nice big 10 chasing a doe to the south of me about 50 yards away heading to the west. I grunted and the doe turned and came back through. He followed her. She came through but was moving fast. He stopped behind a tree and looked right at me at 10 yards. No shot. He trotted out to the SE. I grunted and stopped him in a small window and shot. After the shot, I realized I had my 20 on him when he was so close and forgot to switch to my 30 yard pin. Went between 2 trees and right under his chest. Ugh. 🤦‍♂️. I ended up ranging it and it was 28 yards. Brutal. Finally, at 3:20 pm, a doe came lapping through going from west to east 30 yards to the south of me. Unfortunately, there was nothing behind her. At. 4:30 pm, I looked to the north and there were 2 does 250 yards away at the top of the hill on the road going north to south. Five minutes later there were 2 more. Two of them fed on the path to the west. One of the does came down to the SE about 100 yards away to the saddle and then headed east down the hill. At 5:05 pm, I had 7 does single file cross the saddle going from west to east 100 yards away. At 5:15 pm, I had another 2 does and a small basket rack cross the same place. Totals: Bob - 13 deer. 11 does and 2 bucks.

No comments: