Friday, November 3, 2023

Thursday, November 2, 2023 pm

Thursday, November 2, 2023 pm Sunset 6:01 pm Hunting closes at 6:31 pm Temperature 46degrees. Wind: S-SW 5-10 mph. Mostly sunny. I decided to go to the double ladder behind the barns. I was in and ready to go by 1:25 pm. At 2:40 pm, I heard some commotion up the hill to the south of me. There was a doe being chased by a shooter buck about 80 yards up the hill from me. They headed along the edge of the ridge heading west. At 3:00 pm, I saw a tail take off to the south of me on the hill. Right after that a nice 2 1/2 year old 8 pointer came over the hill. He came over the hill and started coming into the decoys. He didn’t like what he saw and he headed off to the west. At 5:10 pm, I had a nice 8-10 pointer chase a doe down the main road going from north to south. Turned west and then turned and ran down behind me. He came through at 20 yards. No shot though. They headed back to the SE. At 6:10 pm, I looked up the road to the west and saw a deer 125 yards away. I think it was a doe. She wandered off to the north. Totals: Bob - 7 deer. 3 bucks and 4 does.

No comments: