Thursday, November 9, 2023

Saturday, November 4, 2023. All Day

Saturday, November 4, 2023 am Sunrise 7:41 am Hunting opens at 7:11 am Temperature 38 degrees. Wind: N-NE 2-5 mph. Mostly sunny. We have been getting some pics daylight pictures of several nice bucks from the north Platform stand waterhole. One is believed to be Three Headed Monster. I got up here early to trim a few branches, so I was ready to go by 6:55 am. At 7:55 am, I looked over my shoulder to the north and there we 2 does coming along the west edge of the field heading south. They kept looking back. A couple of minutes later, a small fork horn came out chasing them. The ended up heading into the woods and going SW. At 9:45 am, I looked to the south and there was a doe and fawn coming up the road heading north. They got to within 40 yards and then turned around and went back to the south. Not sure what happened. Five minutes later, they came back through. This time they came through the woods. They went by the camera and the water hole. The big doe was on edge, but she never saw me. She did get to within 5 yards to the NE of me. After 15 minutes, they headed off to the east. At 10:25 am, I looked to the south and there was another doe on the road. She went north and right before she got to the camera she turned and went to the east. At 10:40 am, I was getting up to take a piss, I heard and saw a nice big 10 pointer in the SW corner of the field edge. He has 5 on his right and 5 on his left with a 4 inch kicker. He came right towards me, no shot. The then walked in the woods to the SW of me. I drew and had a small window and shot. I either hit something or it was a clean miss under him. He ran a few steps and locked on a doe that was south. I knocked another arrow, but had no shot. Shortly after I had a small basket 8 come through to the south of me. He went off to the east as well. Five minutes later, I had another good 8 pointer with a broken off G2 pop out from the same place in the SW corner. I got some great video. He walked under the stand and to the east. At 10:55 am, I looked over my right shoulder and there were 2 does 50 yards away. They went to the SW corner and that nice 8 with the missing G2 came back through the field and pushed them down the hill. I then saw another mature 10 pointer come through the honeysuckle and head down to the west. I really never had a shot at him. At 11:25 am, I had an another nice 8 pointer cross the field 150 yards out going from east to west. At 12:05, I looked behind me and there were 2 does being chased by a big 10 pointer going from north to south. They got to about 75 yards and then cut down to the east. He followed. At 12:20 pm, I looked over my left shoulder and there was a big doe running from the SE to the BW across the field. Nothing was chasing her though. Totals: Bob - 17 deer, 7 Bucks (4 shooters) and 10 does.

No comments: