Sunday, October 30, 2016

Saturday, October 29, 2016 am

Saturday, October 29, 2016. Sunrise: 7:36 am. Hunting opens: 7:06 am. Temperature 52 degrees. Mostly sunny. Super foggy in morning. Wind: SE 3-5 mph. We came down to Copper Creek last night. I was up and out the door by 6:40 am. I decided to give the new stand the Double D a shot. I was ready to go by 6:50 am. I parked the Ranger at the base of Cherry valley. At 7:30 am, there were some deer blowing a warning call to the NE of me. It must have been spooked by the Ranger. At 8:25 am, I heard a deer moving behind me going from south to north. It was a beautiful 2 1/2 year old 8 pointer. He came through about 30 yards down the hill from me. He slowly worked his way off to the NE. At 9:35 am, I heard something walking over the ridge to the NW of me. I took out my grunt tube, let out a short series of grunts and I brought in a beautiful 135" 3 1/2 year old 10 pointer. Huge body. He came across the hill and to within 10 yards of me broadside. He was super tempting, but I decided to pas and let him live. Fun to see. Would you have let him live?  I sat until 11:00 am. I had to get inside to get ready for the Badger game. Totals: Bob - 2 deer. 2 bucks. 

No comments: