Sunday, October 23, 2016

Saturday, October 22, 2016 pm

Saturday, October 22, 2016 pm. Sunset: 6:14 pm. Hunting closes: 6:44 pm. Mostly dint. Temperature: 62 degrees. Wind N-NE 3-5 mph. This morning, we got together to make a 50# batch of smoked cheddar sticks made out of Don's elk from last year. Don and Mary offered to watch Charley, so I jumped at the chance to go hunt. I decided to give the VAT a try. The elm that the stand is build in died, so this might be the last year it can be used. I was all set up by 3:50 pm. At 6:20 pm, I had a nice shooter buck (I think he was a 9) come through from west to east about 60 yards away and through the brush. He walked right up past the dump stand. I wish I had been sitting there tonight. Attached is a picture of the buck that I am pretty sure that I saw tonight.
That was it. Totals: Bob - 1 deer, 1 shooter buck.

No comments: