Sunday, November 11, 2007

Thursday, November 8, 2007

November 8, 2007 PM; 43 degrees, Wind from N/NE 5-10. It was mostly sunny today. Sunset was at 4:53 pm (hunting close 5:23 pm) I got out of my meeting in the Twin Cities and high tailed it over to Wisconsin. Lon had already left and gone to his gun stand. He didn’t end up seeing anything tonight. Because I got here so late, I showered quickly and went to the twin towers. By the time I had gotten dressed and walked across the field it was about 3:55 pm. I hadn’t even gotten settled in and I heard something to the west of me. I looked over my shoulder and an 8 pointer had snuck I behind me. He never saw the decoy, but sensed something wasn’t right and he ran back to the SW. He stood back there and looked in my direction, but my grunts didn’t solicit a response. He ended up walking off to the SW. At about 5:00 pm, two does entered the field about 150 yards to the NE of me. They casually fed until dark. Totals for tonight; 3 deer, 1 buck

No comments: