Monday, November 5, 2007

November 2, 2007 PM

November 2, 2007, PM Temp 60 degrees, Wind S/SW10-12mph, mostly sunny, Sunset 6:01 pm (hunting close 6:31 pm). I went to Acorn Alley and Lon went to his tower stand south of Copper. At 5:25, I had a small 7 point buck sneak across to the north of me about 50 yards away. He did see my decoy, but he got down wind of me and spooked up the hill to the north. I did get some video (see attached). At 6:05 pm, I had a small 6-8 point buck come off the hill to the SE of me about 75 yards away. He stopped on the trail and stared at the decoy for a couple of minutes. Unfortunately, the wind had stopped blowing and he didn’t like a stationary buck with no movement. He snorted and ran back to the east and brought 2 other deer (not sure what they were) with him. Lon didn’t see a deer. Totals for tonight: 4 deer, 2 deer (?) and 2 Bucks, Lon 0 deer.


No comments: