Monday, November 5, 2007

November 3, 2007 AM-PM


November 3, 2007, Rest of the day; High 58 degrees, low 40 degrees, Wind shifted throughout the day but mostly from the N/NE. It was mostly sunny today. Sunset was at 6:00 pm (hunting close 6:30 pm) Lon had to leave to go back to Romance at 10:00, so after a quick breakfast I went out for the rest of the day. I went to my bow stand on the rock outcrop. At 11:20 am, a big doe came from the east and was south of me about 50 yards down the main trail. I grunted at her and she took off to the south. What I didn’t realize was there was a small buck (6 pointer) that was on her tail. He took off and followed her to the south. At 11:30, I looked to my right and there was another doe about 30 yards to the north. She didn’t like the stationary decoy and she ended up circling me and left on the trail to the south. At 12:45 pm, a decent 9 pointer appeared directly underneath my stand about 5 yards to the SE of me. He snuck in without me noticing him until he was under my stand. I did manage to get my bow cam up and capture the video attached. He took off on the trail to the south as well. I stayed in this stand until 3:15 PM, and then decided to get down, move and stretch my legs. I went south to the bow stand that I harvested my buck from last year with my bow. I call this stand “sand trap.” I got into the stand about 3:30 pm. I didn’t see anything tonight until dark. At 6:15 pm, there was a small buck that was sneaking through the field to the south of me. He ended up walking on the trail about 15 yards away from me, but there was not enough light to shoot any video. Totals for tonight: 4 deer: 2 does, and 2 bucks.


No comments: