Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 pm.

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 pm Sunset 6:07 pm Hunting closes at 6:37 pm Temperature 52 degrees. Cooler Wind: S-SE 10-15 mph. I thought that Charley was going to join me for tonight’s sit, but instead she wanted to do a church thing with her buddy Lydia. I got over my disappointment quickly, as this decision gave me more options. I decided to head down to the VAT ladder stand. I have seen so many does from the food plot, I figured I would change stand locations and maybe they wouldn’t know I was there. I got out later then I wanted, but I was still settled in by 4:30 pm. At 5:40 pm, a small 1 1/2 year old 4-5 pointer came into the food plot from the south about 40 yards away. He ate for about 15 minutes, but was on edge the whole time. He ended up trotting off to the west. At 6:00 pm, a doe with 2 fawns came into the plot from the west. The two fawns came through about 20 yards away. The big doe stayed a bit further out. After about 15 minutes she started feeding towards me and got to about 12 yards, but she stayed out of my shooting lane. She finally came through about 10 yards away to the north, but I decided to pass. If Charley had been with me, I would have shot her for sure. Still fun to see. Totals. Bob 4 deer. 1 buck and 3 does.

No comments: