Sunday, October 25, 2020

Saturday, October 24, 2020 pm

Saturday, October 24, 2020 pm Sunset 6:11 pm Hunting closes 6:41 pm Temperature 28 degrees. Mostly cloudy. Wind: N- NE 3-5 mph. Tonight, I decided to give the ladder stand a shot. We have had a few nicer bucks on camera, but none during shooting light. I figured I would do some calling and hope this good weather will get them up on their feet earlier. As t 4:05 pm, I looked to the south and there were 6 Tom turkeys walking along the edge of the field going from east to west. I then looked straight to the south of me and saw a small basket rack 8 pointed checking out a scrape on the edge of the field. He slowly followed the same path as the turkeys. Starting at 6:00 pm, I started having action. There were 2 small bucks bedded about 80 yards to the SW of me. Slowly over the next 20 minutes I saw 4 does and fawns and a nubbin buck with spikes all come through from north to south all 60-80 yards away. Totals: Bob - 3 bucks and 5 does.

No comments: