Sunday, October 13, 2019

Saturday, October 12, 2019 am

Saturday, October 12, 2019 am. Sunrise: 7:14 am. Hunting opens: 6:44 am. Temperature 40degrees. Mostly sunny. Wind: W-SW 20-25 mph.  We drove down to Copper Creek last night and I had to get out for my first Wisconsin hunt. I decided to head across the street to the newly repositioned ladder stand in the valley. I couldn’t hunt the south side of the property, because there has been so much rain and the valley floor is so saturated I was afraid I would get the ATV stuck. At 8:20 am, I had just reached over to grab my rattling pack rack and I turned back to my right and there was a small doe 20 yards away to the north of me. I have no idea how she got there. She ended up taking off towards the north. She was in the brush so I had no shot. Totals: 1 deer, 1 doe

No comments: