Monday, September 15, 2014

Monday, September 15, 2014 pm

Monday, September 15, 2014 pm. Sunset: 7:23 pm. Hunting closes: 7:53 pm. Temperature: 61 degrees. Wind: W-NW at 3-5 mph. Mostly sunny. I got home from work at a decent time. Heidi is going to be overnighting tomorrow in Iowa, so she wanted to spend some time with Charley. She said that I could hunt and I took her up in the offer, before she changed her mind. I decided to give the creek stand a try and I was in and set up by 5:30 pm. At 6:40 pm, a big fat doe stepped out underneath the Apple Tree stand. Damn. Too bad Heidi was not out hunting tonight. She came down the hill towards me, but must have gone off to the south. It is so tough to see with all summer foliage. At 6:45 pm, a big doe appeared to the south of me. It could be the same one that came down from the AT. She stayed on the other side of the food plot about 45 yards out. At 6:50 pm, a big doe and her fawn came across the bridge to the SW of me. The doe and fawn walked right down the mowed path at 10 yards to the south of me. Then they jumped the creek and walked off to the NE. At 7:05 pm, I heard some commotion to the north of me. There were 4 deer, at least 2 were bucks (maybe all 4). It was tough to see as there were all in the tall brush and behind some trees. I tried to rattle to them, but they walked off towards Arlie's food plot. Both the bucks I did see were pretty small. I think the 4 and 6 pointers. If I had been in Spaghetti Junction, they would have been 10 yards from me. Totals: 7 deer, 2 ?'s, 2 bucks, 3 does. 

No comments: