Saturday, September 13, 2014

2014 Bow opener

Saturday, September 13 , 2014. Sunrise: 6:53 am. Hunting opens 5:23 am. Mostly sunny. Temperature:43 degrees. Wind: S- SE 2-5 mph. Opening morning. It is great to be out again. 3 1/2 months of pure joy aged of us. Î   Dwayne went to NW Territory Heidi went to the Apple Tree and I went to Right Field. We were all up and in the stands by 6:00 am. At 6:40 am, Heidi had a decent sized 6 pointer come in from the east. He walked underneath her stand and then left to the north. At 7:15, Dwayne saw a decent size deer (thought it was a buck) come through from west to east, about 60 yards to the south of him. At 8:10 am, I had 1 huge fat doe with 2 of last years fawns step out and eat beans about 80 yards to the SW of me. At 8:20 am, they all walked by at 7 yards to the south of me. It killed me to let her walk, but I only have 1 MN tag this year. She would have been a great doe to take. Very mature. At 8:30 am, I had a doe and fawn come up the hill from the west. They both came out into the food plot and ended up walking off to the north east. Both deer were within 15 yards. At 8:00, Heidi saw a doe and fawn in the food plot to the SE of her. Totals: Bob- 5 deer, 5 does and fawns. Heidi- 3 deer, 1 buck and 2 does/fawns. Dwayne- 1 deer. He thinks it was a buck.  

No comments: