Saturday, September 26, 2020

Saturday, September 26, 2020 pm

Saturday, September 26, 2020 pm Sunset 7:00 pm Hunting closes 7:30 pm Temperature 72 degrees. Mostly sunny, Wind: S 1-3 mph. Anne took Charley overnight, so both Heidi and I get to hunt tonight. Heidi went to the Apple Tree, and I went to the ladder stand. We had 2 nice shooter bucks fighting this morning at 5:30 by the ladder stand. I hope they come through this evening. We got a later start then I wanted, but we were both set and ready by 5:00 pm. At 5:40 pm, I heard footsteps to the NW of me. I couldn’t tell what it was, but it must of smelled me because it blew and took off to the NW. At 6:35 pm, I had 2 does about 60 yards to the NE of me. They got nervous and took off back to the NE/E towards the X stand. They came back 10 minutes later. They got 20 yards to the north of me, but both were nervous and I couldn’t get drawn without them spooking. At 6:45 pm, Heidi had a doe with 2 fawns come in. Sounds like the same situation with too many eyes on you. At 7:00 pm, Heidi saw a doe out by the Stump blind. At 7:30 pm as Heidi was about to get down a doe came down the trail from the west. It was too late to shoot. Totals: Bob - 3 deer, 2 does and 1? Heidi- 5 deer. 3 doe with 2 fawns.

No comments: