Saturday, September 14, 2019

Saturday, September 14, 2019 am

Saturday, September 14, 2019 am. Sunrise: 6:49 am. Hunting opens: 6:19 am. Temperature 48 degrees. Mostly sunny. Wind: S 5 mph. Opening morning! After a good nights sleep, I decided to head out to the Apple tree stand. Dwayne came down this morning and decided to go to the VAT 3.0. At 6:30 am, I heard a deer blowing a warning call to the north of me near Arlie’s food plot. At 7:19 am, a saw a big doe and a fawn was through the Muddy food plot and head to the east. Good to have some action. At 7:30 am, I had a big doe sneak down the road to the south of me. She got to 10 yards away, but I couldn’t get turned and there was a limb covering her vitals. She walked back up the the SW. At 7:45 am, I looked to the NW and saw a doe and small buck walking to the north through the brush. I then looked to the SE and there was a doe heading towards the Muddy food plot. At 7:50 am, I saw 2 more does in the Stump foot plot to the SE of me. At 8:10 am, I saw a small 8 pointer over in the Muddy food plot. He came in from the south and walked off towards the east. That was it. I sat until 9:15 am. Totals: 9 deer. 2 bucks. No shooters. 

No comments: