Friday, October 30, 2015

Thursday, October 29, 2015 am

Thursday, October 29, 2015 am. Temperature: 45 degrees. Mostly cloudy. Light rain. Wind: NW 20-15 . Heidi was out of town, so I had to take Charley to day care this morning. I had a few hours, do I decided to take advantage of it. At 9:00 am, I snuck down to the VAT and set up both decoys. I did kick up a big deer by the sugar shack stand on my way in. After getting settled, I decided to do dome rattling. It didn't take long. At 9:30am, I looked over to the west and there was a small 6 pointer working a scrape about 45 yards to the west of me. I grunted to him a few times, but he walked off to the south. I don't think he really saw the decoys. I did get some quick video of him.  I ended up sitting until 12:00 and then I had to get down and do some work. Totals: 1 deer. 1 small buck.

No comments: